Exploring the New Forest

by - November 24, 2016

Last weekend my boyfriend and I decided to escape the city for the weekend and stay in a lodge in the beautiful New Forest. I had never been before, but after looking at photos and seeing the gorgeous autumnal forests and wild horses, I knew I'd fall in love with it.

First we had a little drive around just to take in all the incredible views. It was literally like something from a fairytale. Acres of gorgeous autumnal trees that were just breath taking. Every corner you turned there were groups of wild horses galloping around which was pretty surreal to see. As the weather was pretty chilly over the weekend I brought along this amazing vintage leopard print coat I found recently at a vintage fair. The last thing I need in my wardrobe is another coat, but as soon as I saw it I knew it was the leopard print coat of dreams and had to snap it up! I teamed it up with this beautiful blue blouse from the latest Archive by Alexa range at Marks and Spencer which has the most amazing ruffle detailing. To keep things extra cosy I also wore my little vintage fur hat. How cute is it?! I am obsessed with this hat for winter. I think the light blonde colour goes so well with my hair colour and every time I wear it I feel like a 60's french girl which is always a massive bonus.








I managed to fit in a little horse riding while I was there too. I used to horse ride regularly in my teens but haven't done it for years so decided to give it another go. I absolutely loved it! There's something so amazing about horse riding on a crisp morning in the most gorgeous countryside.


This was the absolute highlight of the trip for me. We pulled over in the car to look at some of the wild horses only to find another car that had been feeding the horses (which is technically banned for obvious reasons...) had just left. So we were then met with about seven horses marching towards us in search of food, so we quickly retreated back to the car...




We stopped at some of the cutest little towns I've ever seen! They were so tiny and quaint, most only having a few little shops and a pub and I just fell in love with them all. If you get the change I highly recommend you go to Burley, Brokenhurst and Lyndhurst- they were all gorgeous!




Just look at the thatched roof! It literally looked like something out of snow white! 




X

You May Also Like

0 comments