Sweet dreams, CDG

by - April 15, 2017











Happy easter everyone! There's nothing quite like a 4 day weekend to put a little spring in your step. Even though the weather isn't quite what it was last weekend, London is still pretty beaut for some Easter egg-sploring (soz couldn't help myself) and I've found my new fave outfit for doing just that.

Flashback to February and my other half treated me to this dreamy striped number for my Valentine's Day present (he's a goodun'). I've had my eye on this top for soooooo long and have been so close to buying it on many occasions but managed to stop myself from pressing that 'add to bag' button. Yes I've got a million similar versions but nothing quite compares. I even contemplated buying a cheap knock off from eBay but knew it just wouldn't be the same, a la Carrie Bradshaw with the fake fendi. But showing that he actually does listen every now and then, the boy did good and spoilt me with the real deal (the way to my heart will always be clothes not roses/choccies).

When it comes to Breton stripes, no one does it better than Comme des Garçon play. Yes it's probably overpriced for what it is but it's a staple that I know I'll have in my wardrobe for years. I no longer even look at my other striped tops because this one is just perfection. Amazing quality (I mean even the stripes match on the sleeves which is beyond satisfying), the perfect fit and just look at that red heart! I think every now and then it's worth splashing out on your wardrobe staples. They're so worth the investment and when you work out cost per wear, they really are worth every penny. A classic striped top pretty much goes with anything in your wardrobe, it's a classic you can always throw on but feel super chic in (all about those French girl vibes).

I absolutely love styling this top- it's so versatile! Here I teamed it with this amazing suede number from Zara that is literally THE perfect black suede mini and my new favourite accessory ever- these beaut white sunnies. I may look a bit Willy Wonka meets Kurt Cobain but Audrey Hepburn had a pair just like them and if there's one gal I'm happy to copy it's Audrey. Yep they're a bit out there but who bloody cares, they're amazing! Anywho, I'm in love with this little ensemble for a bank holiday wander around London and basically never want to take this top off!

Skirt- Zara
Bag- Radley
Shoes- New Look
Sunglasses- Monki
Denim Jacket- Marks and Spencer


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Dear, like your recommendations, I also want to have such outfits.
    Really amazing.
    Big kiss, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete