Bright eyes, Blue denim (and some stars thrown in)

by - January 09, 2017




Let's face it, January is pretty bloody grim for all of us. The Christmas festivities have ended, our finances are a mess after too much sale shopping, the weather is consistently miserable and we're all trying our best to get on the heathy eating bandwagon after weeks of over indulgence. Yep, the January blues are real and us gals need to fight them! On Sunday, I met up with Rachael from bubblyaquarius (aka absolute babe!) for a spot of brunch and some 'accidental' sale shopping on a pretty gloomy London afternoon. 

Let's put it out there, January weather and my frizzy locks are not exactly a match made in heaven. No matter how nice I style my hair in the morning, as soon as I step out the door and am graced with yet another foggy, drizzly and dreary day, the frizz takes over everything! I've come to just accept the fact my hair will never be weather resistant and to just somehow embrace my unruly frizzy hair. Girls with fringes, you'll know where I'm coming from- it's a bloody nightmare but I've just learnt to live with my less than perfect locks. None of us are perfect and despite what are our Instagram feed tells us, every single one of us has our own little insecurities- mine being my frizz prone hair! But who really cares? I doubt anyone that passes me in the street really notices or cares that my hair is looking less than Insta ready, so I've learnt to just deal with it and not care so much!

Anyway, to try and brighten things up through January I like to add a bit of sparkle to my outfit. On Sunday this came in the form of bright red lips, a dreamy star print mini satchel and all the enamel badges I own! Yes, accessorising is key to jazz up any outfit and make it your own. I've become obsessed with little enamel pins to add a bit of 'bling' to denim dresses and jackets whilst also adding a personal touch to your style (i.e. so everyone knows I'm a Beatles geek!). 

I'll be the first to admit this absolute dream bag from Cambridge Satchel Company may be too cute for words, but it is THE most impractical bag for someone who carries everything but the kitchen sink with her at all times. But we all have to make sacrifices for style, right?! The bag, dress (from Marks and Spencer's) and shoes (And Other Stories) were all recent sale purchases I'm pretty chuffed with finding. I've been searching for a denim shirt dress ever since Alexa Chung released one in her AG jeans collection- and for a mere 15 quid, I found my very own version! The shoes. Aren't they a dream?! As soon as I saw them I fell in love, and the fact there was only one pair left in my size, I knew it was meant to be. I've been eyeing up Carel shoes for years now but rather than splurge and spend hundreds of pounds, these only set me back £45- bargain!

So overall, it may be miserable outside, it may be tights weather again but gals, slap on that bright lipstick, grab those killer accessories and let's brighten up January one enamel pin at a time!


Dress- Marks and Spencer
Bag- Cambridge Satchel Company
Shoes- And Other Stories
Badges- Topshop and V&A Museum
Lipstick- Charlotte Tilbury 1975 red
Ring- Topshop




X


You May Also Like

0 comments