I'm in star print, velvet heaven!

by - December 09, 2016




Christmas party season is upon us (YAY!) so here's my take on a festive outfit to wear whilst sipping on all the free prosecco on your office night out. I've never been one to wear the classic 'going out' type dresses for parties. I'm just not the type of gal who is able to pull of a typical night out dress (body con literally gives me nightmares) and always revert back to my classic school girl/sixties wannabe look. Also I am the clumsiest person on the planet as it is, so I tend to steer clear of heels for my own safety- flats are my staple. I guess I just always like to feel comfortable in what I'm wearing, that way I can focus on enjoying myself and not worrying about walking in my heels or having to check my dress isn't too short.

As soon as I saw this dress in Topshop I practically ran towards the rail, grabbed it and was at the till all within about 2 minutes. I am obsessed with anything velvet! Seriously I am basically a velvet magpie- dresses, trims, hair bows, shoes, I just want it all! Mix this with my favourite print in the world(paisley will have to come second)-gold stars- and I was practically dizzy with excitement. It is the perfect dress to wear for a festive evening and it is such a great piece to style. Wear it on its own, with a cute cardi (yes I am basically a 90 year old), over the top of a polo neck or under this amazing blouse like I have. This Archive by Alexa blouse, with its shiny, silky loveliness matches this star print number perfectly- it's as if they were made for each other!

Most importantly it is sooo comfy (stretchy and loose are key when tucking into your Christmas party meal!) and the skater style is flattering on pretty much every body shape, making it even more dreamy than I ever thought possible. I've teamed this with a cute vintage bag, black loafers and a classic red lip to add an extra festive sprinkling to the look. I've also added a cute bow to my standard half up, half down hair style which again just adds another cute touch to the look- I am desperately hunting down more velvet bows to add to my collection!


Dress- Topshop
Necklace- Topshop
Rings- Topshop
Hair Bow- ASOS
Bag- Vintage
Shoes- Dune
Lipstick- Charlotte Tilbury 1975 red



X

You May Also Like

0 comments