Bonjour Paree

by - April 03, 2017










































Oh Paree, where to I even start?! No other city in the world captures my heart like Paris. Even after 10 days of working non stop during fashion week, I still woke up giddy with excitement every morning at the thought of strolling around this magical city. It's something you can't really explain with words, but if you've been you'll know the feeling I'm talking about. It just amazes me how insanely beautiful every little nook of the city is. You literally wander round in awe of how stunning the architecture is and find something breath taking around every corner. It's not even this that makes Paris so special to me, it's how it makes you feel. It's the feeling you get on a morning as you stroll through the quiet little streets, a fresh, warm, buttery croissant in hand and happen to stumble upon a park that looks as if you walked into a painting. It's the stalls along the Seine selling vintage books and records, it's sitting outside a brasserie on an evening with a glass of red in hand, watching the world pass by and it's the butterflies in your stomach when you see the Eiffel Tower's lights twinkling in the moonlight. It's just magical- there's no other way to describe it. No matter how many times I visit I always discover something new and never fail to get that giddy feeling inside when I venture outside every morning.

After working for 10 days straight, I couldn't wait for a break! So my boyfriend, Chris, met me over in Paree and we had a magical 3 days exploring the city. This time we decided to take it easy as we had seen most of the main sights before, and decided just to have a wander round some different areas and take it all in. A highlight for me was Le Marais- an amazing, hip area bursting with cafe's, bars and a killer vintage scene! Jardin du Luxembourg was also one of my favourite places we visited. With the sun shining, the park was full of families, couples and children playing with little sail boats in the pond. We pulled up a couple of the iconic green chairs and just sat for a good hour people watching and chatting away in the sunshine.

I feel this trip really allowed me to see Paris in a different way. Not just as a tourist but as an actual Parisian! By staying in an air B n' B right in the heart of Paris (just off Rue Montorgueil) we were able to walk everywhere and find so many hidden treasures just by walking and not having a concrete plan on where we were heading. Anyway without rambling on anymore, let's just say I've fallen even more in love with Paris this time, which I didn't think was possible!

As for outfit choices, I basically packed my case full with anything that channelled Jane Birkin/ Anna Karina/ Francoise Hardy! In particular I was excited to give my beloved Bella Freud jumper its first Parisian outing. And no matter how many waiters jokingly asked me why I liked Jane so much or why I had such strong feelings about Gainsbourg (it's a jumper guys and gals, calm down!) I'm still head over heels in love with it. Teamed with THE perfect basket bag I found hidden on a Parisian vintage stall and of course a pearl covered beret, I went all out with the Parisian vibes! Now I'm just desperately planning my next trip back!


Outfit 1

Trench coat- Coach
Pink shirt- Archive by Alexa, M&S
Black skirt- Whistles

Outfit 2

Jumper- Bella Freud
Blouse- Archive by Alexa, M&S
Skirt- Whistles
Shoes- Office
Bag- Radley
Beret- Asos
Bag- Vintage

Outfit 3

Blue blouse- Archive by Alexa, M&S
Leopard coat- Vintage

You May Also Like

0 comments