Summer sale finds and tips

by - July 18, 2016

The summer sales are finally here (yay). It's time to sift through that saved list you've been accumulating for months and pray your favourites have been reduced. There is nothing more satisfying than discovering that something you've been eyeing up for months is half price! I have a bit of a love hate relationship with sales; I used to always end up with a load of stuff I liked but didn't love just because it was a tenner. But now I have my sale shopping routine down. Here's some things I've picked up in the last couple of weeks.





This dress. Oh my days. Isn't it heavenly. I've been eyeing this up for soooo long. As soon as I saw it I pictured what shoes, bag and even lipstick I'd wear with it. You could seriously snip off the label and think this had come straight off a Gucci runway but instead this number was from.... Marks and Spencer's! Yep. I really think M&S is one of the most underrated shops to pick up some amazing finds that look way more expensive than they cost. I really wanted to buy this for my recent trip to italy but at 60 pound I managed to resist it, hoping and praying it would end up in the sale and Tah Dah! I managed to snap this up for 29 pound! I'm just completely obsessed with it and now just want to book lots of fancy meals so I can wear it more.






This is probably my favourite and most worn sale find. I'd been eyeing this Monki dress up for ages and sadly it remained in my asos saved list for months until Tah Dah (again) I saw it was 50% off on the Monki website! So for a mere 20 quid I snapped this up and couldn't be happier. It is THE perfect summer dress. The quality for the price is amazing, the length is perfect (so many dresses I find are too short for me), I love the fabric, the belt, just everything! I've never really bought much from Monki before but they had some great things in their sale if you fancy a look.(ps.the only picture I had of me wearing this dress happened to have chris doing this in the background!)



 Onto Topshop! Now I find Topshop so hard to sale shop in. The website seems to have so much reduced and never has your size and the main stores seem to have endless rails which are always a mess. So my tip is to go into small Topshop stores that normally really annoy me since they have hardly any stock. But bear with me, for sales they always have hidden gems! For example everything I picked up above was from a tiny Topshop in a random Dunfermline store when I was up there before T in the park and it was full of great things. The two patterned skinny scarfs I'd been eyeing up for months were reduced from 12 to 3 pound! And the velvet black scarf with sequins, which is probably my favourite, was a mind blowing 1 pound! Yep, I practically squealed with joy when I saw them. The cream top I bought too is gorgeous. I love anything that is lacy or embroidered like this and it was a mere 10 pound! It's the perfect summer top for wearing with denim dungarees or A line skirts. The pleated midi skirt was down to just 15 pound and again looks super expensive and goes with so many things in my wardrobe. I recently went into the big Topshop in Newcastle and the massive one on Oxford Street and found nothing so make sure to check your small Topshop stores because there's often some hidden gems lurking in the rails.



This was another find from M&S which I immediately fell in love with. It's the perfect duck egg blue colour I love and is cropped but not too cropped so it's perfect for teaming with high waisted skirts and midi skirts of even jeans, and anything with a bardot neckline is a massive bonus.


Another tip is to sign up to the mailing list of all your favourite brands that way as soon as they launch their sale, you can get in early and snap up the best bits before they sell out. Also I would highly recommend keeping an eye out on your saved lists, mainly asos. Sadly I forgot to check out the asos sale and so many things I had saved were reduced but... I'd waited too long and my size was sold out! So definitely keep an eye out so you don't miss out on some bargains.


X

You May Also Like

0 comments