Back to black

by - February 26, 2017







I'll be the first to admit that no matter how many floral dresses, bright coloured skirts or rainbow striped jumpers I end up accumulating in my wardrobe I always seem to revert back to black somehow. This isn't necessarily a negative thing. Black doesn't have to mean boring. I mean take this coat for example. Black yes, but boring, anything but!

I remember lusting after this coat before it even hit the stores. As a dedicated follower of (Alexa Chung) fashion, I saw her sporting this little dream during fashion week and loved it straight away. Then FINALLY it landed in stores. I may have ordered 3 different sizes so I could make sure I got the perfect fit before it sold out (yep I've become that person). But when I tried it on I wasn't 100% head over heels in love with it. I KNOW. I don't know what I was thinking. I just wasn't sure It was something that I could pull off. I felt like it was such an eye catching 'show stopper' type coat that someone with bag loads of confidence needed to wear it, not me.

Flash forward to my latest trip to Paree and I stumbled across it yet again, this time in the sale. Now if there's anything that's going to tempt this gal back in, its a 50% off sticker... So maybe it was a touch of Parisian magic or maybe due to the croissant induced sugar coma I may have been in, but I bought it! I finally told myself, stop being stupid! This coat is the bloody dream. Stop putting yourself off and just wear the damn coat!

And I'm soooo glad I did! I think I've finally reached that point where I really just don't care what other people think. Yes when I wear this on the Tuesday night Tesco run to grab some milk and a pack of bagels, I get the odd few looks. But who really cares? As long as you love what you're wearing that's all that really matters. Anyway, moral of the story is, wear what you want, when you want and let them stare!


Coat- Archive by Alexa at Marks and Spencer
Blouse- Zara
Skirt- Darling London
Boots- Dune via ASOS
Bag- Radley
Beret- Joanie Clothing

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi!
    The coat is amazing!
    What size are you wearing?

    ReplyDelete