All About Skincare.

by - July 23, 2015


As much as I love make up, there is nothing better than taking it all off at the end of the day! I love skin care and it is something I am willing to spend a bit more money on if the product really works. When you're skin feels great you feel better and tend to use less make up anyway which makes the price justifiable (at least in my head!)

As a teen I used to have really bad skin covered in pimples. It probably didn't help that I used so many different products that claimed to clear your skin everyday which only made it worse (those horrible pore strips you stuck around your nose, who even invented them!). Once I was around 18 my skin cleared up and since then I have used pretty much the same skincare routine, with a few adjustments as I tried out different things over the years. I think keeping a regular skincare routine is so important and finding products to suit you can be daunting at first, but so worth it in the end. I have combination skin, quite oily but I do get occasional dry patches especially in the winter, so i've found these products suit my skin really well.


From Left to Right: Elizabeth Arden Good Morning Skin serum, Philosophy purity one-step facial cleanser, (back) Lancome bi-facil, (front) Clarins Blue Orchid Treatment Oil, Clarins Daily energiser Cream, (back) Clinique clarifying lotion 2, (front) Emma Hardie amazing face moringa cleansing balm, Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream


This serum is a recent find from this summer and I love it! I use it every morning and it makes my skin feel unbelievably smooth! I know you're supposed to put this on before your moisturiser but sometimes I apply it after because it really does make your foundation go on so smoothly. It seems to make my skin have a really healthy glow and it is by far the best serum I've used.




I have tried so many cleansers and these two are seriously incredible! I have used the philosophy purity cleanser for years. I prefer the gel formula when my skins not as dry but this creamy version is great for dry skin and leaves your skin so soft. I use it in the morning but it is also really good for taking off make up, I picked up this handy travel size which is amazing for packing! However, the Emma Hardie cleansing balm changed everything for me! I always used the philosophy cleanser to remove my make up but since I discovered this my skincare routine has been transformed! I seriously doubt there is any other cleanser that can compare to this. It is massaged onto the face whilst it is dry and completely takes off all your make up, then a warm cloth is used to gently remove the creamy balm. It leaves my face so soft, doesn't break me out and nothing I have ever used takes my make up off quite like this. I even bought one for my mum's birthday and she now swears by it too! It is quite pricey but you only need a tiny amount and it takes off everything, even waterproof liner and mascara, so it lasts a long time. it is seriously a holy grail product!




Clarins is definitley my favourite all round skincare brand. The products seem to suit my skin really well and never break me out. I've been using the daily energizer cream moisturiser since I was around 17 and it is still my all time favourite. For starters it smells incredible but it also sinks into the skin beautifully and really makes your skin feel hydrated whilst giving it the most gorgeous glow. It really is a beautiful moisturiser and isn't too pricey compared to others in the clarins range. The only small problem is it doesn't have any spf but during the summer i simply use the clarins spf on top. 



On an evening i love using a facial oil. I love the body shop vitamin E serum in oil (which is a lot less expensive) but the clarins blue orchid oil truly is amazing. The smell is quite strong (my boyfriend loves telling me how much I smell like a granny when I use it!) but I'm used to it now and I put it on right before bed anyway. It is so hydrating, and when I wake up my skin looks so plump and glowy. Especially when I am having a few breakouts of pimples this seems to really nourish my skin and help clear up blemishes. Again it is quite expensive but it lasts forever as you only need a couple of drops for your entire face. I would really recommend this oil to anyone, especially if you have dry or dehydrated skin.


I love the clinique clarifying lotion. I try to use it every other day as the formula is quite strong but it gently exfoliates my skin without having to use a gritty cream exfoliater. It minimises the look of my pores and though it isn't really meant to, it takes off any remaining make up left on my face after cleansing. The lancome bi-facil eye make-up remover is also amazing. Some removers can be really harsh on my eyes but this one manages to be really gentle yet effective at removing stubborn eyeliner (the kat von d tatto liner especially!) whilst hydrating the whole eye area.

Elizabeth Arden, 8 hour cream. This stuff really needs its own post! If I could only have one skincare product it would have to be this. I can't praise this enough, it is simply magical! I used to get such dry and cracked lips all year round and nothing really seemed to work for me. After years of using vaseline and trying out lip balm after lip balm I finally discovered this. I use this literally every night and since using it I have never had dry lips. I mean NEVER. It has literally changed my life. I never used to want to wear lipstick because my lips were so dry and now I pretty much wear a matte lipstick everyday! I do not know what is in the formula but it transforms your lips and I firmly believe everyone needs to own this! I use it on my eyebrows to shape them, on my eyelashes, sometimes under foundation for a natural glow, on my cuticles and I put it on my lips everyday before I apply my make up and simply wipe it off before I apply lipstick using a cotton bud to hydrate the lips. If you buy one skin care product next time you pop into boots make it this!

And that's my skincare routine! I can't guarantee this will work the best for your skin type, I just know it works for me and I hope you can find something useful from this post!

Love

Harriet X



You May Also Like

0 comments