My Favourite Lipsticks...

by - July 23, 2015


I am definitley a lipstick hoarder. No matter how many I add to my collection I always seem to find myself still looking for that perfect shade. For me, I absolutely adore a bold red lip. I think there's nothing more classic, chic and confidence boosting than finding that perfect red lipstick that suits you. It took me a while to find the right shade to suit me, but once I did it pretty much changed my life! I never leave the house without black winged liner and teamed with red lips, they make the perfect duo!


I also love a bold pink lip for a different twist on the traditional hollywood glamour look. As I am ridiculously pale, a bold pink lip teamed with a similar blush colour really seems to lift my face and make my complexion look more english rose than wednesday adams! Here are some of my all time favourites ranging from drugstore prices to more high end- sometimes you have to splurge when you find that perfect shade!


Reds

From Left to Right: Loreal paris lipstick in Lincoln Rose, Mac Lady Danger, Bourjois rouge edition lipstick in 10, Sephora cream lip stain in 10 mandarin muse

 As Above- Left to Right

These are by far my most used red lipsticks. The loreal paris lipstick is a gorgeous orangey red, very similar to lady danger but a slightly warmer red. The finish is matte and it goes on so smoothly. It doesn't last quite as long as lady danger but for the price it is an absolute bargain! It feels really comfortable on the lips and will suit a lot of different skin tones. I bought this a while ago and last time I was in boots I couldn't find it so unfortunately it might be discontinued (why didn't I stock up!)

Then there's mac lady danger. My holy grail red lip. It is THE perfect orangey red, lasts all day, doesn't dry the lips and always, always looks so flattering! I find this much less drying than ruby woo and since I discovered the shade just over a year ago it has definitely become my signature red. The next is Bourjois's rouge edition lipstick in 10. A shade very similar to lady danger and for a fraction of the price, so a great way to try out the shade! It's not quite as matte and long lasting as lady danger but it is a really gorgeous shade and the formula is really nice and non-drying. I reach for this when I don't want a really matte lip colour.

The sephora matte lip creams are AMAZING. They last forever, aren't drying and the texture and finish is to die for. I picked this new shade up last time I was in America and it's really lovely. A lot more orangey toned than lady danger but it's equally as flattering, and looks gorgeous with a coral blush. Then there's mac ruby woo. A christmas red lip staple, but I still wear it all year round! It really is THE red lipstick to suit everyone. Slightly pinky but classically red, if you want that classic bold red (and incredibly matte) lip, then this is an essential. The matching lip liner is also amazing!



Pinks

From Left to Right: Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet 02, Sephora matte cream lip stain 03, Korres lip butter in pomegranate, Max Factor lipstick in 827 bewitching coral,  Charlotte Tilbury matte revolution in lost cherry, Hourglass opaque rouge liquid lipstick in canvas

As Above- Left to right

The Bourjois rouge edition velvet's really are amazing drugstore lipsticks! I think i have 4 shades in the range but this is by far my favourite. It's that perfect deep pink and the formula is amazing. It isn't quite as long wearing as the sephora lip creme's but the finish is gorgeous! Another sephora lip cream, but they really are amazing! This is the first shade I bought in the range and made me fall in love with them all! It is a gorgeous deep pink but slightly red watermelon shade, it's just amazing! I could talk about the formula all day, seriously i've devoured burgers with this on and it stays in tact!

The korres lip butter is amazing for those days you can't be bothered with a lipstick but still want to add a touch of colour to your lips. They are amazingly hydrating and also smell great too! The shade pomegranate gives a gorgeous pinky stain to the the lips but without the hassle of reapplying lipstick. I always have this in my handbag if i'm not wearing lipstick

The next two are very similar and the max factor version is an amazing dupe if you don't want to splash the cash on the charlotte tilbury version. Bewitching coral is a gorgeous, vibrant, pinky coral shade and is so flattering against pale skin. Charlotte Tilbry's lost cherry is a very similar shade but longer lasting and more matte. The matte revolution formula is incredible and I really want to try out more shades in the range, but lost cherry stood out the most for me. It's incredibly easy to apply too, I never need a lip liner.

The last was a spontaneous purchase whilst in the so called 'aisle of doom' in Sephora! But i'm so glad it ended up in my basket. The formula is really smooth and velvety and seriously lasts all day. The shade is also gorgeous. A sort of 'my lips but better shade' and looks really flattering and natural. I team it with my rimmel lip liner in east end snob and the combo makes the perfect pinky nude lips!

And that's it! Sorry for the longer than expected post, I could ramble on about lipsticks all day...

Hope you found this helpful!

Harriet X



You May Also Like

0 comments