Healthy and delicious baked oats!

by - August 20, 2015














I'm on a bit of a health kick at the minute so I've been on the hunt for healthy recipes that actually taste good! I purchased the deliciously ella cook book a few months ago and absolutely love all her recipes. This is by far my favourite, and if you haven't yet I would check out her food blog for ideas too. I have adapted her recipe slightly as I don't like walnuts (but feel free to throw some in) and I use agave nectar instead of maple syrup. But that's what I love about her recipes, you can really adapt them to what you like and the measurements aren't too fussy so you can just chuck in anything you like. I absolutely adore this recipe, it tastes basically like an oaty fruit crumble but is sooo good for you. I have this for breakfast but equally I think it would make a great dessert! The blueberries burst whilst they bake and the bananas taste so sweet and amazing!


Ingredients

1 cup- gluten free oats
1 cup- fresh blueberries
1/2 cup- raisins
1- chopped banana (or 1 and 1/2 if you want to decorate the top)
1/4 cup- almond milk
2 tablespoons- cinnamon
2 tablespoons- agave nectar
1/4 cup- raspberries (optional)

preheat oven to 190C

  • first place the oats in a big mixing bowl and cover with boiling water for about 10 minutes
  • Then pour all the ingredients in the bowl and give it a good mix
  • Place in a baking dish and place in the oven for 20 minutes until it's golden brown
It really is that easy! Just throw everything in and bake. I added raspberries at the end because I had some to use up but you can just add anything you want, different fruits, nuts, seeds, it's up to you!

x




You May Also Like

0 comments