A long weekend in London

by - August 03, 2015











































As I said in my birthday post one of my presents was a surprise trip to London! I had such an amazing time and obviously took far too many photos!

Day One

Outfit
pink coat- asos
dress- Topshop
loafers- Tkmaxx

We got to London around half 12 so headed to our hotel which was in an amazing location right next to green park. We got changed and headed to the shops around oxford circus and of course Carnaby Street which is one of my favourite parts of London. We had lunch and had a lovely wander round before heading to see the Book of Mormon which was absolutely amazing! If you haven't seen it already I would really recommend going. The show finished pretty late but we hadn't had dinner so headed for a really late night meal at meat liquor which does great burgers.

Day Two

Outfit
spotty dress- Miss Patina
shoes- Topshop
bag- Osprey
hair bow- asos

green dress- vintage

We got up early and walked towards Buckingham Palace and the mall and had a lovely morning stroll before heading to Borough Market which I love! After polishing off a strange looking but amazing sausage burger on a stick and obviously a doughnut from bread ahead we walked along the river towards tower bridge. Then at around 2pm we headed to Sketch for afternoon tea. This really made the trip for me and is something I will remember forever. If you're ever in London and want to treat yourself you have to go here! When you walk in, the dreamy pink and copper interior takes your breath away, the service was incredible and the food outstanding. I could just sit on the pink velvet chairs all day drinking tea and staring at the walls but sadly we had to leave at some point. Afterwards we headed back to the hotel for a rest and got changed ready for the evening. We had a wander round covent garden which was really busy and a few more shops obviously including the Harrods food hall! We then had some food at DF Mexico near brick lane at around 9pm and a few drinks before heading back.

Day Three

Outfit
shirt- primark
dungarees- Limited edition at M&S
sunglasses- Max studio
earrings- asos
bag- Kate Spade

Sadly it was our last day in London so we tried to cram in as much as possible! We started the day at Portobello Road market which is so so pretty. Then we got the tube to Trafalgar square and headed to the portrait gallery to see the Audrey Hepburn exhibition which was amazing. It was a collection of photographs that spanned her entire life and career. I absolutely adore Audrey Hepburn and looking at the photos I really felt like I learned more about her personality and truly appreciated what a beautiful and intelligent woman she was. It was a gorgeous exhibition and I just want to look like her more than anything! Then we went to Camden market which really is one of my favourite parts of London. I love wandering round all the little stalls and shops including the amazing vintage shops! Then as we had a few hours left we decided to go to the Elvis exhibition at the O2 which was really amazing. They had everything from Elvis's amazing pink cadillac to his 1968 comeback tour jumpsuits and even his record collection. There was even the pool table that elvis played on with the Beatles when they came to visit. If you are a music fan it is a must while you're in London! Then sadly we had to head home back to Newcastle but I really had such an amazing time, I just wish we had longer!


You May Also Like

0 comments