USA beauty haul

by - February 11, 2016

This January I went on holiday to California for just over 2 weeks. I'll do a post soon on what we got up to but first I thought I'd do a haul. So I may have got a tad carried away in Sephora and ULTA because let's face it, they are what dreams are made of and I could spend hours in there but when you've been to 5 different sephora's your boyfriend tends to physically restrain you from entering another one. I got a bit carried away but I was sensible (sort of) as I had watched a few beauty reviews and read a few blogs so I had a list of a few things I wanted to pick up.


From sephora I got the Origins retexturizing mask with rose clay and the Origins clear improvement active charcoal mask. I have never really invested in good quality face masks before but it's something I really want to add to my skincare routine every week. I've heard a lot of good things about origins and a lot of bloggers rave about the clear improvements mask and since it is supposed to clear out pores, this was top of my list. I haven't had a chance to properly try both out yet but after using the charcoal mask a few times I'm really impressed with how soft and clear my skin looks the next day. Also sephora had 3x beauty insider points on skincare so buying both was completely justified...


From ULTA I got a mini version of the Japonesque makeup brush cleaner because I am the laziest person in the world when it comes to cleaning my make up brushes so I thought this would save a lot of time by spot cleaning more often. I then got the Bumble and bumble thickening hairspray in a mini version, 1. because it is sooo much cheaper than in the UK, and 2. because it is incredible at making my fine hair look so much thicker and healthier. The Boscia purifying cleansing gel and the smashpox photo finish primer were both free samples I got with my sephora points which I haven't tried yet but, I've always wanted to try the boscia cleanser because so many bloggers love it. And I also picked up a mini version of the Sally Hansen airbrushed legs because it was small and cute and I couldn't resist (it's also an amazing product too)
 As soon as I saw this make up bag and sephora lip stain set it was love at first sight. I absolutely adore Sephora matte lip cream in 01, it is honestly the most perfect red that's suits everyone and does not budge once it is on and then team that with this gorgeous make-up bag: perfection! Also I picked up the Hourglass opaque rouge liquid lipstick in raven as I'd seen i Alix from I covet thee wearing it and I just adored the colour, It's a gorgeous firey, orangey red, very similar to mac lady danger but much more creamy and long lasting.



Ok so this make-up bag is just unbelievably gorgeous. I adore rifle paper co and their illustrations but put that on a make up bag and i'm obsessed. Anyway, as for products I picked up the It cosmetics CC cream as anna from vivianna does makeup raves about it and I can see why. I pretty much used this every day of my holiday after I bought it and fell in love. It' so creamy and light but has seriously good coverage and with factor 50 it's my new holiday essential. The Tarte CC under eye correcter is my absolute favourite under eye concealer so I had to pick up another one after my last one ran out. I have really bad blue bags under my eyes and this covers them up completely and doesn't crease, it's amazing. The Kat von dee tattoo liner is an absolutely essential for me, I seriously don't think I could live without it. I wear a cat eye pretty much every day and this is the best eyeliner I have ever used and trust me I have tried so so many. The brush is so fine, it's jet black, dries quick, and it seriously doesn't budge. It's just incredible so every time i'm in a sephora I buy one so I now have about 2 back ups incase I can't get my hands on one! I also picked up the Maybelline lash sensational mascara because it's a drugstore mascara i've heard so many people rave about and I can see why. I love my lancome mascara's but for everyday this mascara seriously fans out your lashes, holds a curl and never clumps, i'm really impressed.



So when I found an ULTA i practically ran to the Lorac section and grabbed this and was internally screaming. Just look at it, its so gorgeous. A row of mattes and a row of shimmers ina gorgeous sleek box. So many bloggers have this and I've been dying to pick it up. The Lorac Pro palette for me absolutely kicks the urban decay naked palette out the park. The texture of the shadows is so buttery, they blend like a dream and the pigmentation is incredible. All the shades go together so well and I'm just a little bit in love with it... I also picked up a mini version of the Nars creamy radiant concealer in the sephora aisle of doom. Amelia liana and other bloggers love this but I was a tad disappointed if I'm honest. For under eyes I much prefer the clarins instant light concealer as it is a bit more heavy coverage and a lot more glowy.

You May Also Like

0 comments