Valentine's Day make up

by - February 16, 2016

So for valentine's day this year my boyfriend and I went for afternoon tea during the day so we had an evening 'valentine's' meal the night before. I thought I'd do a post on the make up I wore. I went for a classic bright red lip using my new holy grail lip product from hourglass. I went for a simple bronzy eye and obviously black eyeliner.


For my eyes I used the Kat Von Dee tattoo liner in trooper because it is the best eyeliner in the world. I swear it is basically fool proof for anyone not great at using eyeliner. The nib is so fine that you can get really close to the lash line and create the perfect flick. I also used Lancome Grandoise mascara because it is hands down the best mascara I've used for making your eyelashes look insanely long and curled. I also use the Clinique bottom lashes mascara as the brush is so tiny I can really get into my bottom lashes and create a more sixties looking eye, it also doesn't smudge under your eye like a lot of normal mascaras do. For my brows I basically never stray from this combo the Anastasia brow wiz in medium brown and the Loreal brow artist plumper in clear. The brow wiz is such a fine pencil with a really creamy formula so I can create really natural looking brows and fill in my gaps easily and the brow gel works perfectly to keep it all in place.
For my base I went for the Georgio Armani luminous silk foundation. Yes believe the hype around this, it is incredible. It has the perfect buildable, medium coverage, blends flawlessly and makes your skin look so glowy and gorgeous. It also has no spf so your skin looks amazing in photos. The only downside is that it doesn't last all day but for an evening look it works perfectly. Then for under my eyes I use my holy grail concealers, the Tarte under eye CC corrector and the Clarins instant light concealer on top. The CC concealer is a salmon colour so counteracts blue and purple tones really well and doesn't crease either and the instant light concealer is seriously high coverage but blends lovely and brightens up the whole under eye area perfectly.
For my lips I used the Hourglass Opaque Rouge liquid lipstick in raven teamed with the Max Factor colour elixer lip liner in red. This is such an incredible liquid lipstick, it's the perfect bright orangey red and the formula is to die for. It seriously lasts all day and doesn't come off when you eat or drink, it isn't drying either and teamed with the max factor lip liner it is the perfect long lasting red lip combo. For blush I used this Guerlain meteorites blush to add the perfect touch of pink that is not too bright or glittery.
For eyes I used the Lorac pro palette which is just the best eyeshadow palette of all time. I used the light bronze shade all over my eyelid and a touch of the gold colour on top too then I used the taupe shade through the crease to create a more defined and smokey eye. The pigmentation of these shadows is incredible and they blend like a dream.

Hope you all had a lovely valentine's day X

You May Also Like

0 comments