Hair care routine and products

by - April 27, 2016

I recently got my hair cut a bit shorter and thought I'd write a quick post on some products I've been loving.

I have annoyingly fine hair so I got it chopped a bit shorter to add a bit more volume to my look. I usually wash and condition my hair using some form of volumising shampoo and conditioner (phillip kinglsey is amazing) and then towel dry my hair slightly. If I'm not going anywhere I'll add some volumising, texturising spray and let it air dry naturally but lately I've been blow drying my hair most of the time.

When I'm blow drying my hair I've been obsessed with these 3 products. I use a wide tooth comb to comb my hair and then spray the Phillip Kingsley daily damage defence spray through the ends of my hair. This is basically a miracle spray that is a heat protector, de-tangler, smoother and leave-in conditioner all in one. Then I use the Bumble and Bumble thickening hairspray all over my hair in sections and then comb through afterwards. I find this is really good at thickening my fine hair and adding volume without being greasy and sticky like a mousse. Then I use the bumble and bumble straight blow dry cream on the ends of my hair to stop any fly aways and keep your hair looking smooth and sleek after blow drying.




I usually turn my head upside down and blast the back of my hair for a bit just to add a bit of volume. Then I use a round brush to wrap the top of my hair around and lift upwards to add even more volume on top. Then on the ends of my hair I wrap the hair around the brush again and pull towards my face to get that Pattie Boyd esque blow dry look. I just sort of repeat this all over my hair until I've added as much volume as possible and my hair is dry. I dry my fringe separately because it is the bane of my life! I usually get a comb and wet my fringe again after finishing the rest of my hair. Then I have the holy grail of tips for anyone who has a fringe so take note! I read the sally hughes pretty honest book and she had a whole section on drying your fringe which has changed my life! Gone are the days of a curly fringe or awful static, fly aways from straightening. Basically she said to use a nozzle on the end of your hairdryer, get a good quality bristle brush like the mason and pearson brush I have and with the hair dryer pointing downwards brush your fringe fast from side to side so it drys perfectly straight. Ta dah, it works everytime! Then I part my fringe in the middle and crack on with styling.

Then I use my babyliss curling tongs and put some loose waves all over my hair, changing direction to make them look more natural and beachy. Then I've been absolutely obsessed with this Bed Head Joyride product. It's basically a texturising gel that you squeeze out and rub in your palms before rubbing it all over your hair. It just adds so much volume, texture and separation at the ends without being greasy or heavy. It gives that just rocked out of bed with messy hair vibe but so much better and set with my Loreal infinium hairspray it last for ages. It's also small enough to pop in your bag if you need to add a bit of volume throughout the day.

Then I'm pretty much done! On days I can't really be botherd to do my usual mini beehive I just leave it loose and natural like this with a messy beachy vibe.


X

You May Also Like

0 comments