A trip to Brighton

by - April 05, 2016




















let's just take a moment to admire this carrot cake with layers of cheesecake....




Since I was 15 and watched Quadrophenia for the first time I've always wanted to go to Brighton. It just looked like the perfect seaside town with quirky shops, streets and a real 60s's vibe- and it did not disappoint. We got there at about half 6 so headed straight to meat liquor for some bloomin' lovely burgers and cocktails and had a few drinks in some other bars before having an early night.

On friday I had a wander to the beach which I instantly feel in love with, I'd been dying to catch a glimpse of the pier for so long and it was just as beautiful as I'd imagined- with deck chairs all across the beach and a huge arcade which took me back to my childhood.

On the saturday we got to explore Brighton. The lanes have to be one of my favourite shopping areas I have ever visited! It was seriously as if someone had made this little area just for me. The lanes are a few really cute little streets packed full of shops that sell everything from vintage clothing to records, antiques and posters with quaint coffee shops and of course the photo booth shop. I could have spent hours there! Snoopers paradise had to be my favourite- a huge arcade full to the brim of vintage clothing, antiques, collectables and pretty much everything you could imagine and most importantly- a photoautomat! We popped into the choccywoccydoodah shop too which was filled with incredible chocolate displays with price tags of up to 10,000 pounds!

We also had breakfast at bill's which I'd heard a lot about and it was definitely as good as I had expected. The beyond retro store was also just incredible, I wish I'd taken a photo inside but it was honestly huge. And unlike some I've been in it wasn't just filled with 80's and 90's denim/sweater type clothes there was one of the best selections I've seen of original 60's dresses that all looked as if they'd been hand picked. And finally the most important part of my trip....finding the quadrophenia alley. It may have been a nightmare to find and smelled absolutely horrific but it was so worth it and I finally got the jimmy esque snap I'd been hoping for!

It was only a short trip but I fell in love with Brighton and really want to go back and explore it's hidden gems even more.

You May Also Like

0 comments