Some of my current favourites

by - April 26, 2016


Retro Typewriter

When my boyfriend and I were in Brighton and exploring the lanes, we popped into snooper's paradise which was a huge Aladdin's cave of antiques, records, vintage clothing and pretty much anything you could think of! I spotted this blue typewrite hidden in one of the stalls in a corner and immediately fell in love with it. It looks just like a prop from a Wes Anderson movie and although i'm not sure it works it looks so good on our sideboard!




Bourjois healthy balance powder-vanilla

I picked this up from boots this month after my last powder ran out and didn't realise how much I'd love it! It is so finely milled and not cakey at all. It sets your make-up incredibly and mattifies any shine but still manages to keep a healthy glow to the skin. I'm really impressed with this as an affordable drug store product. It's very similar to the chanel loose powder but in a handy, slim compact!

Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution lipstick-amazing grace

This is a bold statement but this might just be my favourite lipstick of all time... I've raved about the charlotte tilbury matte revolution lipsticks before. The texture, finish, application and everything is just perfect. But this colour! It is just THE perfect rosey pink. A 'your lips but deeper' shade that I can just swipe on day or night and it always looks amazing. I think with my pale complexion and dark hair it really suits me and adds an english rose vibe to any look. It just adds that perfect pop of colour without being too bold or bright and makes my complexion looks so much healthier and brighter.

Eyeko black magic liquid eyeliner

This may have replaced the kat von dee tattoo liner as my favourite eye liner. It is just so easy to apply! The nib is incredibly fine so you can get the most perfect cat eye flick every time. It glides on easy, doesn't dry flakey and lasts all day no problem. It's supposed to have some sort of magical eyelash growing ingredient which I'm not too sure makes any difference but as an eyeliner its killer!

Chanel CC cream- 20

I have been obsessed with this base all month. It's starting to get a tad warmer now we're into spring and this is my go to base for when the sun is out. With spf 50, I never have to worry about applying spf underneath which is perfect for summer too. It makes your skin look so dewey and healthy without looking shiny, cakey or over bronzed. Honestly, it is well worth the price tag. I will be taking this everywhere with me on holiday as you literally just buff it in with a stippling brush and your skin looks flawless.

Estee Lauder stay on shadow paint- pink zinc

This has been my go to eye product recently. On the days I really can't be bothered blending various shades to make a smokey eye I literally just slap this on and it looks like I've actually spent some time blending shades! But be warned you only have a few seconds to blend it into the crease before it sets and seriously does not budge. The shade is the perfect coppery, pinky, bronzey shade that makes my eyes pop and literally takes seconds to apply!

Stila waterproof eyeliner smudgestick-black

This has to be the best black eyeliner i've found. I mainly use it to fill in my waterline when I wear a cat eye flick to add extra drama. It is so creamy and glides on like a dream but honestly does not budge. It has an easy wind up applicator so you never have to use a sharpener again and it's jet black and stays that way all day!




Everything you've come to expect- The Last Shadow Puppets (Deluxe LP)

Ta dah! I've been waiting 8 years for this comeback and it hasn't disappointed. It's a bold statement but I think the age of the understatement is my favourite album of all time so I was a tad too excited when this next album was announced. With a real 70's raw vibe, I'm just in love with this album and have pretty much had it on repeat since it was released. My top tracks are dream synopsis, pattern, sweet dreams and miracle aligner.



Tan Suede Vintage Jacket

I picked up this tan suede number in a vintage shop in Bath. As soon as I saw it I fell in love! I've been after the perfect suede jacket on the high street for so long but haven't been able to find a one I really like. This is the perfect fit and style I was looking for and because it's vintage it has that amazing worn in look, is super soft and I know no one else will have it. It's been my go to jacket for just throwing on over literally anything.

Frames- IKEA
Framed Prints

I've been a bit print obsessed since we got our new flat, but these 3 that we've put over our bed are my absolute favourite! We picked up the Francoise hardy print in Brighton which I'm obsessed with as she's one of my all time favourite style icons. We found this amazing mad men print in the gift shop at the Baltic museum which we both loved instantly. Mad men's my favourite TV series probably ever and this print ironically looks just like a 60's ad. I picked up the Beatles print in Brighton too which is just my dream 60's gig poster.

X

You May Also Like

0 comments