60's inspired everyday make up

by - April 29, 2016

I've always been a tad obsessed with 60's make up. I love the cat eye flick, heavy lashes and whole dolly look and find it so flattering on pretty much everyone. This is basically the sort of make-up I have on everyday. A browny defined eye, a black flicky liner, lots of mascara and a pale pink lip colour. I don't quite suit the full on Edie Sedgwick make up look, so this is a toned down more wearable version that's really easy to do.





I started off with a natural looking base; I used the It cosmetics CC cream for a light and not too matte base, then I used some of the Clarins instant light concealer to brighten up my under eye area and then set this and my T zone with the Bourjois healthy balance powder. I then moved onto my eyes and used the Lorac pro palette to put a light brown wash all over my lids and then blended a slightly darker brown into the crease to get a more defined look. Then using my Eyeko liquid liner I drew on a thin cat eye flick and filled in my water line too with the Stila black smudgestick to get a bold liner look. There is no magic technique to getting liner perfect unfortunately, it just takes a lot of practice and always have your elbows balanced on a table so you have a more steady grip to draw on your liner. I then used loads of my Lancome grandois mascara on the top lashes and for a heavy lower lash line I used the Clarins bottom lash mascara which is amazing at creating a sixties dolly look.

For brows I used my Anastasia brow wiz to fill in any gaps and set them with a Loreal clear brow gel. I then used the Chanel les beiges powder to sweep across my cheeks and temples to create a subtle glowy and healthy look without looking over bronzed and then popped a bit of Benefit coralista blush on the apples of my cheeks. And for lipstick I used revlon's pink in the afternoon lipstick to finish the look as it's a lovely pink but not too bright so the attention is still drawn to the eyes.

This is honestly so easy and quick to do and instantly creates a modern 60's look. If you want to go full on, add a darker shade to your crease, go heavier on the bottom lashes and contour heavier. This is just an easier, more day time appropriate take on the look.

X

You May Also Like

0 comments